“THE HAMILTON SCHOOL OF DANCE IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING SAFE DANCE CLASSES AND PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE AND ADULTS.”
The school has a responsibility to ensure the Health and Safety of all our pupils and workers (whilst working on or off the dance school premises). We will endeavour to provide, as far as is reasonably practicable, a working environment that is safe and with minimum risk to workers (including self-employed), students, visitors and members of the public. Hamilton Dance will fulfil its responsibilities by taking steps to work in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation, published Approved Codes of Practice and good working practices.
This will be achieved by:
- seeking at all times to provide safe working procedures, good working conditions and a healthy working environment.
- ensuring that people know of any potential hazards associated with the various activities undertaken and are aware of how to avoid, reduce or control associated risk.
- providing supervision, adequate training and instruction to enable workers to carry out their jobs safely and efficiently.
- preventing accidents and injury, by managing risk well.
- review and revise this policy regularly.
Organisation of Health and Safety
- Overall and final responsibility for Health and Safety: Anneliese Hamilton-Stevens
- Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice: Anneliese Hamilton-Stevens
- To ensure Health and Safety standards are maintained/improved, the following people have responsibility in the following areas: Anneliese Hamilton-Stevens: safety, risk assessment and policies, consultation requirements, accidents (recording), first aid, emergency procedures, fire and evacuation.
All those who attend Hamilton Dance should:
- co-operate with teachers/ supervisors on health and safety matters.
- take reasonable care of their own health and safety.
- report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person (as detailed above).
Arrangements for Health and Safety – our Risk Assessment.
- We will always complete relevant risk assessments and put in place controls to avoid or reduce risk as far as is reasonably practicable.
- We will review our risk assessment when there is a change.
- We will consult routinely on health and safety matters with workers, pupils and people impacted as they arise and or as a result of a review of health and safety risk.